Monday 4 June 2012

Extra fish with your chips?

A regular visitor to Las Americas claims that the Gran Paella serves the best fish and chips at the bargain price of €3.80.

The restaurant is situated on the cliff top and the short climb is rewarded by pleasant greetings from the waiting staff and the suggestion of a table at the front.


Compared to the numerous bars that offer large beers at €1, this is a little overpriced at €2.50, but given the value of the food and the spectacular view, it is hard to complain.The dish arrives quickly and lives up to its reputation. Served with both tartar and Canarian Mojo orange sauce, the fish is perfectly cooked and the batter crisp and fresh.


After lunch, it's time for a walk along the cliff top. There is a sign advertising fish pedicures. I've seen them dotted around shopping centres in the UK and have heard good things. Here, it's just €5 for 15 minutes so I figure, why not? Let's give it a go.

Now, from what I understand, it’s a foot pedicure, which suggests to me that it means just your feet. So while the experience is interesting and actually quite enjoyable, I recommend that you do not make the mistake that I made. And that is to get duped into sitting at the particularly populated fish tank.

They even ate my mosquito bite.





Written in association with

No comments:

Post a Comment